Spector & Bennett represents domestic and international business entities, government agencies and individuals in litigation and transactional matters throughout the State of California and in the District of Columbia. In conjunction with its associated firms in the United States and abroad, Spector & Bennett fully services its clients' legal needs across the globe.
Spector & Bennett's litigation practice is focused on the prosecution of actions in state and federal courts to enforce financial contracts and other obligations.
In addition to its litigation work, Spector & Bennett consults with its clients regarding business structuring, the assessment and management of risk, corporate and commercial transactions, international trade, and government contracts and claims.
Among Spector & Bennett's many accomplishments:
- The successful representation of a Fortune 200 technology company in more than 250 complex cases
- The breaking of a cycle of frivolous counterclaims asserted against a frequently targeted $25B+ market cap international corporation
- Recovered $925,000 (principal, interest, attorneys’ fees and costs) on a $450,000 debt, notwithstanding that the debtor was extremely well funded and attempted to wear the client down over a multi-year court battle through the assertion of questionable counterclaims.
- While pursuing a $190,000 claim in the U.S., we discovered that a debtor was stealthily moving his company overseas and, much to the debtor’s surprise, pursued it across the Pacific and recovered the placed amount plus interest and attorneys' fees.
- The representation of its clients in very significant real estate transactions and real estate-related litigation
- The negotiation of many large settlements for its clients, including the procurement of payment in full of the cost of a toxic clean-up from one of the world's largest petroleum refining companies while representing a federal government agency
On April 22-24, 2018 Ross Spector attended the ICTF Global Credit Professionals Symposium in Chicago where the topics included New Global Realities - the State of the U.S. and Global Economy; Money Laundering, FCPA and Global Trade Compliance Risk Management; and China's Economic Policy: Trends, Outlook and Important Developments Affecting Your Business.
Ross Spector presented a seminar entitled "Taking your Architecture Practice Global...........and Getting Paid" at the American Institute of Architects ("AIA") annual convention in Philadelphia on May 19, 2016. The AIA is the largest and most influential professional association of architects in the world, with a membership exceeding 80,000.
On April 23, 2015, Spector & Bennett's Managing Shareholder, Ross A. Spector, addressed the attendees at Fundacion Corbis' annual Construction, Engineering and Architecture Day in Cordoba, Argentina, accepting an invitation to speak on the topic "The Dark Side: Legal Issues in International Business".